John Mayer and Dave Chappelle have announced that they will reprise their music/comedy duo show, Controlled Danger, on Sunday, December 30th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas Nevada.The ongoing tag-team project has started to become something of a tradition following its last-minute, two-night debut at The Fillmore in San Francisco in April of last year, during which Bob Weir joined in for a tune. Chappelle and Mayer reprised Controlled Danger in December of 2017, mounting a much larger performance at The Forum in Inglewood, CA on New Year’s Eve.At the shows, the two entertainers both sing songs and tell jokes, giving them each a chance to try their hand at the other’s craft—buoyed by their long-running friendship and the charismatic chemistry it affords them. During an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in September, Mayer spoke about his duo performances with Dave Chappelle. As John joked:Advice to anyone who’s struggling as a stand-up comic, one of the best things that you can do is just stand next to Dave Chappelle onstage. If you get the opportunity. He’s better at what he does than anybody is at anything they do. That’s why you go see Dave. He’s a great comic, but you’re also watching someone just nail something. … All I have to do is say two funny things and people walk out going “those guys were hilarious!” …As much as I wanna be a comic, I get a couple jokes in. And then he wants to be a singer, and he’ll sing a couple songs. He’ll sing “Creep”… and I bet you think its the TLC “Creep”, but it’s the Radiohead “Creep”.He went on to marvel at Chappelle’s ability to command a crowd—even when singing—telling a story about watching Chappelle softly start singing Prince‘s “1999” only to have the entire audience singing along with the track’s famous synth lines by the time he hit the chorus. “He’s one of the greatest leaders of a room I’ve ever seen,” Mayer explained. Check out the segment below:John Mayer Talks Dead & Company, Bill Murray. Friendship with Dave Chappelle[Video: Jimmy Kimmel Live]Tickets for John Mayer and Dave Chappelle’s Las Vegas Controlled Danger show go on sale tomorrow, Friday, November 16th at 10 a.m. PST here.
Sunday Star Times 2 June 2013A father-son bonding session planned by a North Island primary school was cancelled after a single mother demanded to be included.Two “Band of Brothers” seminars were arranged by Matakana School to help fathers get more involved in their sons’ lives, and as a forum for dads to share their issues. One session was for dads and another was for fathers and sons.A solo mum wanted to attend but was told she couldn’t because her presence would inhibit discussion. She was told a mother and son seminar was planned for later in the year.“We really just wanted an opportunity for the guys to open up and chat, and they wouldn’t particularly want to do if there were females around – which I think is understandable,” said principal Darrel Goosen.The woman’s son was welcome at the second seminar and the guest speaker offered a specific session with her and her son but she continued to insist on attending, Goosen said, so the school board decided to cancel the event.“In hindsight we realise we may have offended some single parents, for which we apologise, as this was never our intention,” said a school note to families.Family First director Bob McCroskie yesterday said the decision to cancel the event meant fathers had lost a crucial bonding opportunity with their sons.“Unfortunately it seems to be a society problem that we get held hostage by one person who gets offended,” he said.“I think the fact they were having other programmes specifically for mums shows that they are not ignoring their needs.“Schools are starting to realise the importance of dads being actively involved in the education of their kids.”Other parenting experts said male-only groups were important to get men talking.http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/education/8746739/Solo-mum-blocks-male-bonding-session
Loading… Read Also: Fans tip Pulev to ‘crush’ Joshua after watching Bulgarian training video He told Spanish radio outlet Cadena Cope: “We’re working on that other virus which is seeing what happens with our contracts around the world. “We have a very important week ahead. “We have 100 different obligations with 100 operators around the world and, if there’s no broadcasting, there’s no earning. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Champions League games would be played on Saturday’s under LaLiga’s plan to tackle the impact of coronoavirus. And teams still competing in Europe would play up to four games in ten days, according to LaLiga president Javier Tebas. LaLiga president Javier Tebas has outlined plans that will see Champions League played on Saturdays Spanish football – like many major European leagues – is suspended until April 4. But Tebas is still hopeful of finishing the season in time to play the Champions League final on June 27 and the Europa League final three days earlier on June 24. He told Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo the biggest teams would have to cram games in the most but the plan even allows for a short pre-season. Under Tebas’ strategy, LaLiga would commence on April 16 to allow for a “short 15-day pre-season” from April 1. Champions League fixtures would take place on Saturday’s and LaLiga fixtures would be shifted from their usual Saturday and Sunday slots to Monday nights. Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits EarthThese Are The Best Stargazing Locations You Can Find On EarthWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?The 10 Biggest Historical Mysteries That Can’t Be Solved5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksWorld’s Most Delicious Foods17 Astonishingly Beautiful Cave ChurchesThe Best Cars Of All TimeA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs Spanish football regulations require at least 48 hours between games to allow players to rest so these new plans would push players to the limit. But LaLiga clubs are likely to be keen on the measures as they will reportedly miss out on £456million in TV revenue if the season is not completed. Tebas is particularly eager for the season to be finished as he explained to Spanish radio on Monday.