Iranian officials say they have started using various types of advanced centrifuges to enrich uranium, in violation of that country’s 2015 nuclear deal. Additionally, a spokesman says that Europe is quickly running out of time to offer new terms to save the four-year-old accord.Iran had already breached the stockpile and enrichment level limits that were set by the deal, while saying it could return to the terms of the accord if Europe allows Tehran to sell its crude oil abroad.Tensions between Iran and the U.S. have grown in recent months, following mysterious attacks on oil tankers near the Strait of Hormuz, as well as Iran shooting down a U.S. military surveillance drone, and other incidents in the Middle East.Behrouz Kamalvandi, of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, said in a news conference Saturday, “Our stockpile is quickly increasing. We hope they will come to their senses.”The accord requires Iran to limit its uranium enrichment in exchange for sanctions relief. The limitations include a requirement that Iran use only 5,060 first-generation IR-1 centrifuges. A centrifuge enriches uranium by quickly spinning uranium hexafluoride gas.However, Kamalvandi says Iran has actually started using an array of 20 IR-6 centrifuges, in addition to 20 IR-4 centrifuges. An IR-6 can produce enriched uranium 10 times as fast as an IR-1, and an IR-4 produces it five times as fast.Iran already has allegedly increased its enrichment up to 4.5 percent, whereas the deal allowed 3.67 percent.Kamalvandi adds that Iran had the ability exceed 20 percent enrichment of uranium. According to experts, that amount is not far away from achieving weapons-grade levels of 90 percent enrichment, although Tehran claims that its programs are peaceful, and United Nations inspectors are being permitted to continue monitoring sites in Iran.While Kamalvandi emphasizes that “the Islamic Republic is not after the bomb,” he adds that Iran is running out of ways to remain in the 2015 deal. He says, “If Europeans want to make any decision, they should do it soon.”
Jeremy TomlinsonChief Executive, England Golf Tags: Coronavirus In the first few weeks following the lockdown of 23 March, the most frequently asked question to myself and the staff at England Golf was ‘why are golf courses closed?’We were able to refer to the conditions of lockdown which made it incompatible for our facilities to remain open – a position validated by government.In recent weeks, and increasingly prevalent as I write, is the changed question of “when will golf courses re-open?”. A huge change in mindset.The change in the thought process must create a new mindset… our safe return to playing the game has to be responsibly planned.In collaboration with the other home nations, The R&A, PGA and wider golf industry, the case for an expedient and safe return has been presented to government. The emphasis is on health and safety, not only for players and operational staff, but everyone who might in some way be affected in allowing our game to re-start.Our ‘Play Safe, Stay Safe’ call to action framework has been well received by our stakeholders who fully understand that the fight against COVID-19 is far from over.This week we asked our golf clubs to complete a survey on behalf of The R&A to assess the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak on golf and help inform further discussions with government on the future resumption of the game.This survey will accompany our thoughts on not just how difficult it has been, but also how difficult (perhaps even how much more difficult) it will be with a phased return and limited income streams available.It is now for government to decide the next step…I want to be clear on this. We will always champion golf’s cause, but have supported and will continue to support government when it comes to how best to preserve life during the pandemic.The Republic of Ireland government has allowed a return to golf on 18 May, which of course heightens expectation levels here in England as well as the rest of the UK.We wish our Irish colleagues well and will doubtless learn from them as we continue to do so from other European countries who are playing again. But let’s keep our faith in our own journey and remain realistic about where we are on the road back.We are, hopefully, moving towards some sort of lockdown easing that our Prime Minister may announce this coming Sunday. If scientific evidence and other expert advice continues to be more positive in our nation’s fight against the virus then maybe the light at the end of the tunnel will brighten.The safe return of playing golf will be incredibly important for the physical and mental wellbeing of millions of golfers. Let’s see this period of lockdown through together and then re-start the playing of our beautiful game with the same passion, integrity and character we have always shown.Last week a friend said to me that the first thing he will do when it is safe for golf to return is put all his energy into the opening tee shot. The second thing he will do is hit a provisional!Please keep the faith, stay fit and healthy and keep everything crossed that a safe return to playing our game isn’t too far away. 6 May 2020 “Let’s see this period of lockdown through together” – a letter from our CEO
Facebook95Tweet0Pin0 Submitted by The City of LaceyLacey water customers will follow an alternate day watering schedule for their yards and outdoor landscapes beginning Sunday, June 1, 2014. Alternate day watering is mandatory for all Lacey water customers during the months of June, July, August, and September.The Lacey City Council approved the watering policy in 2006 as an effort to reduce peak water demand during the summer. Lacey’s water usage has exceeded 16 million gallons per day during summer months compared with only five million gallons per day in the winter.Water customers with addresses ending with an odd number (i.e., 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9) may water Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday. Addresses ending with an even number (i.e., 0, 2, 4, 6, and 8) may water on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Friday is a non-watering day for all Lacey water customers.Scheduled watering applies to turf (grass), annual and perennial ornamental flowerbeds, vegetable gardens, and any other landscaping plant material that is regularly maintained outside of a residence or commercial building. Lacey water customers failing to follow the alternate day watering schedule will receive a warning, with further action taken if necessary. Water used for other purposes such as pools, pressure washing, outdoor potted plants, hanging baskets, and plants inside greenhouses are not currently restricted by this policy.The water policy does allow limited exemptions. For example, newly seeded lawns and landscape, and publicly-owned facilities with active playfields may be watered more frequently. To obtain an exemption under the alternate day watering schedule, customers must contact Lacey Water Resources.Reminder magnets for the alternate day watering schedule are available at City Hall Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Magnets will also be available at Lacey Community Market’s Yard and Garden Day on Saturday, July 12 at the Lacey Water Resources table.For more information regarding the alternate day watering policy, please contact Lacey Water Resources at (360) 438-2687, or by email at [email protected] Information is also available on the city’s website at www.ci.lacey.wa.us/odd-even.
THE CITY COUNCIL OF SIOUX CITY HAS VOTED 3-2 ON THE SECOND READING OF A PROPOSAL TO REPEAL THE CITY’S BAN ON PIT BULLS AND OTHER SIMILAR DOG BREEDS.THE FIRST READING PASSED 4-1 ON OCTOBER 14TH.EMOTIONS RAN HIGH AGAIN AT THE MEETING AT TIMES WITH FORMER COUNCIL MEMBER JIM RIXNER, WHO VOTED FOR THE ORIGINAL BAN TEN YEARS AGO, LOBBYING TO KEEP THE BAN IN PLACE:Audio Playerhttp://kscj.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PITBULL3.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.OC……….KEEPING THIS CITY SAFE. :18RIXNER ALSO WANTS COUNCILWOMAN RHONDA CAPRON TO DECLARE A CONFLICT OF INTEREST ON THE ISSUE AND NOT VOTE PENDING A STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OPINION HE SAYS HE WILL SEEK BECAUSE CAPRON OWNS A PIT BULL MIX DOG.CAPRON REFUSED TO ABSTAIN AND SAID IF SHE WOULD THEN COUNCILMAN PETE GROETKEN SHOULD:Audio Playerhttp://kscj.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PITBULL4.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.OC………OF THIS ISSUE. :15MARJORIE HATTIG OF SIOUX CITY WAS AMONG SEVERAL RESIDENTS SHARING THEIR STORIES ABOUT HOW THEIR PIT BULLS HELP THEM SURVIVE AS THEIR SERVICE ANIMAL:Audio Playerhttp://kscj.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PITBULL5.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.OC…………..DEAD TODAY. :14COUNCILMAN DAN MOORE CHANGED HIS VOTE TO NO ON THIS READING AND ASKED THE COUNCIL TO WAIT FOR TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE THIRD AND FINAL VOTE WOULD TAKE PLACE.THAT VOTE WILL OCCUR AT THE NOVEMBER 4TH COUNCIL MEETING.GROETKEN WAS THE OTHER NO VOTE.MAYOR BOB SCOTT AND COUNCIL MEMBERS CAPRON AND ALEX WATTERS VOTED YES TO REPEAL THE DECADE OLD BAN.