Josh King celebrates his winner 1 Josh King scored against his former club as Bournemouth followed up victory over Chelsea by beating Manchester United at Dean Court.Junior Stansilas opened the scoring directly from a corner after little more than 90 seconds.Marouane Fellaini then drew the game level with a scrappy equaliser before half time.However, King settled the game with a goal which United will be disappointed to concede, meaning Louis van Gaal’s side have now gone five games without a win in all competitions.Both of Manchester United’s full backs Guillermo Varela and Cameron Borthwick-Jackson were making their first Premier League starts in a depleted defence which had been so solid this season.It was an incredible start to the game when, after only two minutes, Stanislas whipped a right-footed corner straight over the head of David De Gea to give Bournemouth the lead.United nearly fired straight back with a goal of their own but they were twice denied as Artur Boruc pulled off two point-blank saves from Fellaini and Paddy McNair.Van Gaal’s injury list got longer midway through the first half when Jesse Lingard limped off to join the likes of Chris Smalling and Wayne Rooney on the treatment table.Anthony Martial should have equalised on 18 minutes when he was gifted the ball on the edge of the box but he sloppily dragged his shot wide of Boruc’s right hand post.De Gea then made a world-class stop of his own to deny King when the former Manchester United youth prospect tried to round the goalkeeper.The Red Devils were finally level on 23 minutes when Memphis Depay did well to take the high ball down on his chest before seeing his shot saved, only for Fellaini to bundle in the rebound while standing on his knees.However, eight minutes into the second half and the Cherries were ahead again and again it was from a corner.The ball was fired in low and King peeled away on the edge of the six-yard box to stroke home against his old club.Glenn Murray really should have settled the game when he waltzed through the United defence but, with only De Gea to beat, the former Crystal Palace man inexplicably launched the ball into space.Martial nearly grabbed an equaliser as the game wore on as he jinked through the Bournemouth defence with bodies flying at his feet to try and halt him before, like Murray, he scooped the ball over the bar.Bournemouth looked the more likely of either side to get the fourth goal of the evening but it remained 2-1 to give the Cherries only their second win in 10 Premier League games.
Ronnie Moore 1 Ronnie Moore has left League Two strugglers Hartlepool less than ten months after guiding them to a remarkable great escape.The club announced on Wednesday afternoon that Moore had gone by mutual consent after Tuesday night’s 2-1 home defeat to Stevenage left them just one place and four points above the relegation zone.In a statement released via the club’s official website chairman Gary Coxall said: “This is an extremely difficult decision, but one we feel is right for the football club.“Ronnie has worked tirelessly to bring success to the club during his time at The Vic and we thank him sincerely for those efforts and wish him well for the future.”Moore, 63, arrived at Victoria Park in December 2014 with Pool at the bottom of the Football League and six points adrift of safety.The club won nine and drew six of their final 26 games last season, culminating in a 2-1 home victory over Exeter on April 25 to finish in 22nd place, four points clear of trouble.
LA MIRADA – It looks like the city might have enough money to get started on refurbishing the Neff Estate Historical Site. The City Council recently allocated $150,000 of federal Community Development Block Grant money to the project. In addition, the city already has a $176,000 grant and a $500,000 bequest from the late Mina Neff. “That gives us the ability to do the next phase of restoration,” said Tom Robinson, director of community services. “We’re trying to assemble sufficient funds to pay for improvements to restore the historic site.” More federal money could be available in the future, Robinson said. For years, the George house – the oldest of the three buildings – wasn’t open to the public. It was built in 1885 and served as the foreman’s residence from 1914-1964. The barn and the Neff house were built in 1893. The Neff barn needs painting and wood repair. Officials also need to make sure the Neff house’s roof and structure are sound, Robinson said. The first step will be to hire a consultant – probably in the next few months – to guide city officials on specifics of what needs to be done, Robinson said. Former La Mirada Councilman Dave Peters said it’s good news that work will be done on the Neff property. “This is a step in the direction of preservation,” Peters said. “(The property) harkens back to a day when there was no running water, electricity, refrigerators or any of the amenities we enjoy today.” [email protected] (562) 698-0955, Ext. 3022 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.The site includes the Neff and George houses and the Neff barn. The Neff house was the home of William and Mina Neff. William Neff was the grandson of Andrew McNally, founder and president of Rand McNally Publishing Co. The George house was the caretaker’s residence. McNally in 1888 purchased nearly 2,300 acres of rangeland and named the area La Mirada, which in Spanish means “The View.” He later turned the property over to his nanny and her husband, Edwin Neff. The biggest body of work is slated for the George house, which needs to be made handicapped-accessible and have its 1960s kitchen restored to the proper period, he added.
Sinn Fein Councillor Marie Therese Gallagher has welcomed support for her proposal at a budget meeting in Glenties Municipal District to enhance services in Dungloe Public Service Centre.Cllr GallagherCllr Gallagher said she welcomed support for her proposal to have a dedicated Community and Economic Development service to be provided in West Donegal.“Communities across the West of the County are organising and promoting themselves, however they need help and resources from the state.” “West Donegal has as much if not more to offer than any other region of the country, and it is essential that we have the support from Donegal County Council to help communities to become the best they can be.”“I will continue to pursue this issue and will be demanding that this initiative is included within DCC’s budget to help develop tourism, industry and existing businesses in our region.”MORE SUPPORT SERVICES FOR WEST DONEGAL WELCOMED was last modified: November 7th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Here are the top transfer-related stories in Friday’s newspapers and online…The agent of Paul Pogba, Mino Raiola, will hold talks with Juventus after Euro 2016 to see if he can broker a deal for the player to leave the club and join either Manchester United or Real Madrid. José Mourinho hopes United will meet the player’s demands of €15.6m a year in an attempt to move ahead of Real in the chase for the player. (Guardian)United chief executive Ed Woodward has already begun negotiations that could see Pogba return to Old Trafford in a world record deal worth £100m. Juventus want to keep hold of the 23-year-old, but would find it hard to resist such a deal, which would see Pogba earning up to £300,000 a week at the club he left in 2012. (SkySports)Arsenal have held talks over a move for Alexandre Lacazette at Lyon but are reluctant to pay the French club’s asking price. Lyon want at least £42million for Lacazette and do not need to sell after defender Samuel Umtiti joined Barcelona for £21m. (Daily Mail)Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is planning to ship out at least eight more players this summer. Christian Benteke, Jordon Ibe, Martin Skrtel, Mario Balotelli and Joe Allen are set to be among the departures. (Daily Mirror)Leicester City are to finalise the £18million signing of Ahmed Musa from CSKA Moscow after he arrived for a medical. The deal for the 23-year-old Nigeria international will be announced at the weekend and he hopes to join up with his new team-mates for their training camp in Austria next week. (Daily Mail)Middlesbrough have flown in Borussia Dortmund’s Serbian centre half Neven Subotic for talks. Boro boss Aitor Karanka hopes to win the race for the defender, who will quit the Bundesliga this summer after deciding he wants to try England. Dortmund want a sale rather than a loan but Boro hope to find a deal that works and could sign him for a season with a view to a full time move. (The Sun)Everton have opened talks with Utrecht over their striker Sebastien Haller. The France U21 international was the subject of failed bids from Norwich City and Swansea in January and has been monitored by Ajax, Tottenham, Sunderland, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace over the past season. (Daily Mail)Radja Nainggolan has confirmed he will stay at Roma this summer despite a strong pursuit from Chelsea. (Daily Express)West Ham striker Diafra Sakho has handed in a transfer request. The 26-year old was the subject of an £11million bid from Sunderland last month but manager Sam Allardyce is considering switching attention to Lorient forward Benjamin Moukandjo. (Daily Mail)Davide Santon is set to join Sunderland from Internazionale with a medical apparently the only obstacle between the Italy full-back and a £4m return to the north-east, where he played for Newcastle United. (Guardian)Leeds midfielder Lewis Cook will have a medical at Bournemouth on Friday before sealing a £6m move to the Premier League side. (Daily Telegraph)And here are the latest talkSPORT.com headlines…?Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp plotting raid on former club Borussia Dortmund for Jakub BlaszczykowskiManchester United: Paris Saint-Germain considering move for Bastian SchweinsteigerN’Golo Kante and Moussa Sissoko on Juventus’ radar as Italian champions target new midfielderChelsea BLOW! Lyon beat Blues in race to sign highly-rated Argentine defender Emanuel MammanaCrystal Palace move to beat Tottenham to signing of Serie A playmaker Franco VazquezEverton and Galatasaray among clubs interested in signing Wales striker Hal Robson-Kanu
NEW YORK – Yet many couples are embracing the approach, recently endorsed by the American Bar Association, as part of a broader quest to find more civilized, efficient ways to end a marriage. Do-it-yourself divorces and mediation also are popular options. Lawyers by the thousands want to be part of the trend. “Most of us had that moment where we realize the adversarial process is so damaging for our clients – and there’s a recognition that we can do better,” said Talia Katz, a former divorce lawyer who is executive director of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. Katz said the academy, just eight years old, now has 3,000 members, mostly lawyers but also financial planners and other professionals. She estimates that 20,000 attorneys have received training in collaborative law, and groups promoting the practice are active nationwide. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhicker: Clemson demonstrates that it’s tough to knock out the champIn contrast to mediation, in which divorcing couples entrust a resolution to a single neutral mediator, collaborative divorce involves the use of attorneys for each party, often joined by other expert consultants. But the lawyers, instead of sparring, pledge from the outset to work together in crafting an outcome that is fair to all. “Most clients in a dispute are looking for an honorable peace, not war,” Boston lawyer David Hoffman wrote in recent op-ed for The Christian Science Monitor. “Collaborative lawyers can be just as zealous about seeking such a peace as litigators are about victory in the courtroom.” Hoffman works at the Boston Law Collaborative, where the staff includes a psychologist and a financial planner. It offers divorcing couples a range of options, including mediation and collaborative divorce, as well as conventional litigation. The firm analyzed 199 of its recent divorce cases, and found that mediation, collaborative divorce and litigation all produced high rates of successful settlement. Mediation was by far the least expensive option, with a median cost of $6,600, compared with $19,723 for a collaborative divorce, $26,830 for settlements negotiated by rival lawyers, and $77,746 for full-scale litigation. Sarah Smith, 47, of Sudbury, Mass., said she and her ex-husband, David Boyle, were able to complete a swift collaborative divorce two years ago for roughly $5,000. “It was definitely the way to go in our situation – we didn’t have piles of anger about each other, and we also didn’t have piles of money,” Smith said. “Our main concern was the welfare of the kids. “We both liked both lawyers,” Smith said. “As a group, we had some laughs together, and that made it nicer.” 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGift Box shows no rust in San Antonio Stakes win at Santa Anita Add to the mix Schwarzenegger’s ambitious plans for rebuilding state infrastructure, which will require bonds that will need to be repaid from future budgets. In total, this seems to be a recipe for a massive structural deficit for years to come. Of course, this being an election year, we shouldn’t be surprised. But politics aside, the state’s leaders have a responsibility to manage the public’s money wisely. In subsequent revisions, both Schwarzenegger and Sacramento’s legislative leaders are going to need to get tough and practical in devising a spending plan that truly does put California on the path to fiscal responsibility. “This budget continues California on the path of fiscal responsibility and economic recovery.” So says Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger of the first draft of his new $125.6 billion budget, which includes a spending increase of 7 percent. We hope he’s right, but upon first glance, the numbers don’t seem too promising. Schwarzenegger has increased spending across the board, while remaining resolute in his opposition to tax hikes. He manages to balance the books by taking funds from this year’s surplus, but that’s one-time money, and the new spending he backs is programmatic, meaning it will be with us forever. Isn’t this the kind of financial planning that got Gray Davis into trouble?
Job Vacancy: Management at Spar Glencar require a full-time deli assistant required for immediate start within their store.Experience is preferable but not essential as full training will be givenHave a flair for food and have good presentation skills.Be customer orientatedBe flexible in regard to working various shift times, including weekends.To apply for this role, please forward your CV to [email protected] Job Vacancy: Spar Glencar seeks deli assistant was last modified: March 20th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Deputy Thomas Pringle arranged a tour of the Dáil for Teacher’s and Pupils of St. Catherine’s Vocational School, Killybegs.The Deputy personally met them and brought them on the tour explained the whole history of Leinster House and how it became the Houses of the Oireachtas.The students asked to meet Deputy Luke Ming Flanagan and Deputy Mick Wallace who came and spoke at length to them about the importance of Government and the need to reform it. Said Deputy Pringle: “Everybody enjoyed the day, teachers and pupils alike. They headed back to Donegal tired but very happy after the the long trip.”TD GIVES ST CATHERINE’S PUPILS TOUR OF OIREACHTAS was last modified: June 11th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:st catherine’s killybegsThomas Pringle TD