BINGHAMTON (WBNG) — According to an Ambert Alert sent out by the New York State Police, the Binghamton City Police Department is investigating a child abduction that happened on 50 Park Street in Binghamton at around 5:30 p.m. Thursday, November 5. According to the Amber Alert, the “child was taken under circumstances that lead the police to believe that they are imminent danger of serious bodily harm and/or death”. Police say the vehicle they are looking for is a Black Eagle Talon with MD license plate 9884Z5. The VEHICLE was last seen traveling in the area of 50 Park Street. Anyone with information about this abduction is asked to call Binghamton City Police Department at (607) 772-7083 or dial 911. The two missing children are Autumn and Evelyn Collis, both 8 years old and close to 3 feet 6 inches tall. Autumn has red hair and green eyes and weighs around 52 pounds. Evelyn has blonde hair and gray eyes and is also about 52 pounds. 11:19 P.M. UPDATE: Pennsylvania State Police have issued an update on the Amber Alert, police say they were last seen traveling south on I-81 and entering Pennsylvania. 11:00 p.m. UPDATE: New York State Police have updated the Amber Alert’s car description as a black 2015 Kia Forte, MD license plate 9EF0726. 1:58 A.M. UPDATE: According to Pennsylvania State Police the Amber Alert has been canceled and Autumn and Evelyn have been located safely. Police say the suspect is Amanda Collis. She’s a 37-year-old white woman with brown hair and green eyes. She is around 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 220 pounds.
Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.
“We propose raising the upper limit of a sentence or the total length of sentences which can be served in the electronic supervision system to 18 months,” the justice ministry said in a statement.Until now it was possible for sentences of up to a year.The ministry said nearly 5,000 prisoners were serving their sentences under electronic surveillance and 9,000 more qualify for it. After the changes, around 12,000 convicts who are not yet serving their sentences at home could qualify.Private radio RMF had earlier quoted Justice Ministry estimates that nearly 20,000 prisoners could benefit and said that older people sentenced to up to three years in prison could ask for a suspension of their term until the epidemic is over. Topics : Denying this, the ministry said it would be possible only “in exceptional cases”.Prisons have already banned visits and stopped letting most inmates work outside prison. Workshops in several prisons have started sewing protective masks and suits used in the fight against the coronavirus, the Justice Ministry said.It was not clear when the draft proposals might become law. There are more than 75,000 people held in 172 Polish prisons and detention centers. Poland plans to extend a program under which some prisoners are allowed to serve their sentences at home to help curb the spread of the coronavirus.The justice ministry said its proposal could benefit up to 12,000 convicts who until now have not taken part in the program, under which prisoners are kept under electronic supervision.Poland has reported 692 coronavirus cases, including eight deaths form the virus. It has shut schools, cinemas and other public venues, banned foreigners from entering the country and urged Poles to stay at home where possible.
Shkodran Mustafi says Arsenal took their time adjusting to a back three (AP Photo)Shkodran Mustafi admits Unai Emery’s decision to play with a back three hampered Arsenal’s performance in their 1-1 draw with Vitoria on Wednesday.The German defender was responsible for Arsenal’s only shot on target as he put the Gunners in front with a header from Nicolas Pepe’s free-kick in the 80th minute.But Arsenal were unable to hold out for the victory as Bruno Duarte equalised for Vitoria in injury time, while the Portuguese club also came close to snatching a last-gasp winner.Emery opted to play Mustafi alongside Sokratis Papastathopoulos and Rob Holding in a three-man defence.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTBut Mustafi feels the decision meant that Arsenal’s players struggled to find ‘rhythm’ in the opening 45 minutes. Shkodran Mustafi blames Unai Emery’s tactics for Arsenal’s performance against Vitoria Bruno Duarte scored an injury-time equaliser for Vitoria (EPA)‘We need to stay calm. Everyone wants to show and give everything, sometimes when you are over-motivated it’s difficult to deal with that.‘But I think at the end of the day we need to stay calm, play our football, believe in ourselves and then in the final third try and do it a little bit more intelligently with more accuracy with our last pass.’The draw leaves Arsenal four points clear at the top of Group F with two matches remaining.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Mustafi scored for Arsenal with 10 minutes remaining (Getty Images)When asked about being unable to see out the victory against Vitoria, Mustafi told BT Sport: ‘Unfortunately it’s not that easy.‘I would love to finish in the 90th minute but when you score a goal and you still have time left to play against a team like today they throw everything up front.‘Sometimes it’s not organised any more, they throw a lot of bodies in the box, they keep crossing, I think we could have done better but in the end we have to accept and take the point with us.“We could have dealt with it [Vitoria’s goal] a little bit earlier, rather than letting them put the cross in. In the end you have to accept it and move forward, take the positive things from the game. Comment Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 6 Nov 2019 6:29 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link112Shares Advertisement Unai Emery’s players registered just one shot on target against Vitoria (EPA)More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘They are a good side. They are in the Europa League for a reason, they have quality and are quite compact.‘We played with a back three, a system for a long time we didn’t play. So we needed our time a little bit to get the rhythm in.‘In the first half we didn’t do as we wanted. I think we came out better in the second half, had better rhythm, better passing.
INDIANAPOLIS – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) became the first federal agency to acknowledge health risks from cell-phone use and then suddenly backtracked. Sometime before early June, the CDC posted significant new wording in a “Frequently Asked Questions” section on its website.To the question, “Do cell phones cause health problems in children?” it read, “It’s too soon to know for sure,” and went on to say children will have more exposure over a lifetime growing up with cell phones. Last week however that statement was changed to simply, “It’s not known if cell-phone use by children can cause health problems.”Jim Turner, board chair of Citizens for Health and a public interest lawyer, speculates the changes were triggered either by industry lobbyists, government officials, or both.“CDC wasn’t sitting over there and put the thing up the first time, and then said, ‘Oh, wait a minute, let’s take it down.’ Somebody alerted them they wanted it down or there was going to be trouble,” Turner says.The agency made other backtracking language changes regarding possible cancer and other health risks from cell phones.Louis Slesin, editor and publisher of Microwave News, says the softening of the CDC’s language is puzzling because, as he puts it, they’ve got “bigger fish to fry.”“Ebola in Africa and all the things that are going on, it’s really quite remarkable that someone made the effort to change something that was really very, very minor,” says Slesin. “All it was saying was, ‘We think there’s something to this. Don’t discount it.’ That’s all they were really saying.”The CDC website also originally said, “We recommended caution in cell phone usage,” but has removed the word “we.” Turner says even the softened statement is an eye-opener.“I will tell you right now for the CDC to say that ‘some organizations recommend caution in cell phone use’ is, in and of itself, a very, very significant statement,” Turner says.Slesin says he can’t understand, and the CDC won’t tell him, why it has backed away from acknowledging several international studies that suggest health risks from cell phones.“This is just telling people, ‘We see the data. There are some issues here that need to be worked out. Be cautious until it is,’” Slesin says. “The fact they backed away from that is really quite extraordinary.”The agency also says in the FAQs “more research is needed.” Turner says that statement alone should spur the nation’s nearly 328 million cell phone users to learn more about the potential hazards and what they might do to lessen them.The CDC has not returned a request for comment.Mary Kuhlman
Promoted Content7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Major TV Characters We Were Relieved To See Leaving The Show8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth7 Facts About Black Holes That Will Blow Your MindDiscover How Women From Famous Paintings Looked Like In Real Life13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBest Car Manufacturers In The World7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value It is so sad and painful that she died when we had just visited her and placed her on a monthly welfare package. She was such a strong and courageous woman who took the death of her son in her strides. Considering the circumstance of her son’s death, she exhibited a great spirit. May her soul rest in peace and may God console the family she left behind.”Dare assured that the ministry will offer all necessary support to the family to give her a befitting burial. read also:Okwaraji: President Buhari mourns mother of former Eagles starOnly a few weeks ago, the Minister had sent her cash gift, provision, and food items.He also made a commitment to be paying her monthly allowance alongside the mothers of Rashidi Yekini, Alijeje Ibrahim and late quarter-miler Sunday Bada.Dare’s gesture to Okwaraji’s mum came almost 31 years after the demise of her son. The dreadlocked player collapsed and died in August 1989 during a 1990 World Cup Qualifier against Angola inside the Main Bowl of the National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Minister of Youth and Sports Development Mr. Sunday Dare has paid glowing tributes to the mother of late Super Eagles player Samuel Okwaraji Mrs Janet Okwaraji who passed on at the age of 83. According to Dare” The death of Mrs Okwaraji came to me with rude schock at a time when we had concluded plans for her monthly allowance.Advertisement Loading…
The White House announced the launch of the It’s On Us public awareness campaign Friday morning. The campaign is a collaborative effort intended to help prevent sexual assault on college campuses.In Friday’s speech, President Barack Obama emphasized that survivors of sexual assault are not alone.“This is not your fight alone,” Obama said. “This is on all of us, every one of us, to fight campus sexual assault.”It’s On Us is a partnership with nearly 200 colleges, sports organizations like the NCAA and private companies with ties to colleges and universities.Student body representatives at USC echoed Obama’s conviction.“It’s not a men’s issue, it’s not a women’s issue, it’s not a Greek issue, it’s a campus-wide human rights issue,” Undergraduate Student Government Vice President Rini Sampath said.At USC, It’s On Us will take place in conjunction with the Trojans Respect Consent campaign. Trojans Respect Consent is a Greek-centered campaign USG plans to launch in the coming weeks. According to Sampath, Greek students can display the Trojans Respect Consent emblem online, customized to the organization’s name and colors, in order to promote awareness of the issue. Greek students can display the emblem if more than 80 percent of members attend sexual assault education seminars.Though Trojans Respect Consent currently has a Greek focus, representatives hope to expand it to other student organizations.“The final goal is to have all organizations attend seminars on sexual assault,” Sampath said.According to the White House blog, an estimated one in five American college women are assaulted. Of those assaults, only 12 percent are reported and only a fraction of reports lead to punishment.Some universities have established their own initiatives to fight sexual assault. In particular, The Survivor Outreach and Support Campus Act, implemented by the University of California system, has received national attention and praise.“There’s no doubt that colleges and universities have to step up their game. They have to take legal responsibility, and it’s a moral obligation to respect their students and hold perpetrators accountable,” Vice President Joe Biden said.One of the goals of It’s On Us is getting men, particularly male students, involved in the issue.Patrick Quah, a graduate student studying interactive media, said that he hopes It’s On Us will combat misconceptions about men and sexual assault.“I think it’s presumptuous to say we have to ‘protect’ the opposite sex. I don’t think that’s the case at all –— it’s about policing our own gender and holding ourselves accountable,” Quah said.Obama stressed that society must change for the reforms to be effective.“From sports leagues to pop culture to politics, our society still does not sufficiently value women,” he said.Quah worried about the transparency of the reporting process.“I think it’s a great thing to be taken to a federal level, although I think the main challenges will be that a lot of this is unseen and underreported, so transparency could still be an issue,” Quah said.
Down a goal, Syracuse pushed its offense, hunting for an equalizer. The Orange earned a penalty corner as time expired. If North Carolina cleared the ball, the game would end.But the first two corners ended in penalties, re-upping the Orange’s chances for a game-tying goal. On the third attempt, junior back Roos Weers said, SU changed its plan of attack and finally broke through. Syracuse forced overtime on a game-tying goal.Immediately in seven-on-seven overtime, UNC pressed Syracuse. A minute and 26 seconds into overtime, the Tar Heels’ Eva van’t Hoog found the back of the cage, silencing the crowd and giving No. 7 North Carolina (8-2, 2-1 Atlantic Coast) a 3-2 win over No. 6 Syracuse (8-2, 1-2) on Saturday at J.S Coyne Stadium. Despite rebounding from its worst offensive half of the season to tie, SU couldn’t complete the comeback.“We didn’t really come out with that energy or that hype,” senior midfielder Erin Gillingham said.SU head coach Ange Bradley was made unavailable to comment on the team’s loss.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textSyracuse tallied only one shot in the first half for the first time since its loss to Connecticut in the 2016 NCAA tournament. The Tar Heels only had four of its own but with no time left in the first half, UNC lined up for a penalty corner. The insertion went to Ashley Hoffman, UNC’s shot leader. Assuming Hoffman would take the shot, SU’s defense flooded to her. Sensing pressure, Hoffman flung the ball back to the inserter, Gab Major, for an easy tap-in.SU came out aggressive in the second half, but again, it was UNC being “clinical,” Weers said. Fifteen minutes into the second frame, van’t Hoog netted her first score of the game from the left side of the arc.SU began to change its attack in response to the two-goal deficit, as Bradley had Lies Lagerweij push up the sideline and attack. Several times, Lagerweij played all the way to arc but couldn’t finish her drives.Lagerweij was made unavailable to comment on the team’s loss.With just over 15 minutes left, Weers ripped a long hit to Elaine Carey behind the UNC defense. Despite relentless pursuit from Hoffman, Carey spun back and slid the ball softly behind goalkeeper Marissa Hendry.The Orange then failed to convert on six penalty corners and only had a handful of shots outside of set pieces. Even when the ball did make it into the arc, Hendry blocked away each Syracuse chance.With 12.9 seconds on the clock, after a video review, SU was awarded a penalty corner. The clock was run to zero before the attempt, but the game would not end until the ball was cleared. After two failed attempts, Syracuse broke through.Rather than Carey pushing the ball to the top of the arc, she hit it harder, giving Lagerweij a new angle to hit from. The senior shuffled to her left a bit and cocked back, unleashing a blast into the back of the net.“We played a different corner than before,” Weers said. “We didn’t go straight from the top.”But before Syracuse couldn’t follow up its back-to-back goals, it was van’t Hoog that put an end to an Orange comeback. Comments Published on September 23, 2017 at 4:23 pm Contact Andrew: email@example.com | @A_E_Graham Facebook Twitter Google+